You are doing injustice to the conversation
- If a friend tells you something is wrong, you immediately tend to give advice or criticism.
- If a friend tells you about something wonderful that has happened, you usually chip in with something similar that you have experienced.
- If you find yourself already formulating your next sentence in your mind while someone is speaking to you
- Engage people while you speak. Ask questions like, "What do you think?" or "Do you agree?"
- Try not to speak continuously for long periods. People tend to have short attention spans.
- When you do not listen to what others are saying and only care to listen to your own voice, this is an indication that you really do not care for other people's opinions.