Posts

Showing posts from September, 2019

Are you an investor or consumer ?

“A nation is born stoic, and dies epicurean” – Will Durant

A stoic believes in enduring hardship without complaint.  Epicurus believed that pleasure was the greatest good. 
Stoics are people willing to sacrifice present pleasure for something better later. They are investors. Epicureans live for now. They are consumers. They say you only live once. 
Media is bombarding you with thousands of ads. They are trying to sell you something.  Luxury comes at a cost...of killing your hopes, your dreams, your ambitions. So toughen up a little bit. Be a stoic.
Everybody wants, but not everybody toughens up to get the good life. You must toughen up. 
Chief Tecumseh says:  Love your life. Perfect your life. Beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people.

Resources: Why I read a book a day (and why you should too): the law of 33% | Tai Lopez | TEDx

Start Thanking - Stop Apologizing

Stop Saying "Sorry" And Say "Thank You" Instead

Sorry for taking up all your time => Thank you for spending time with me
I am sorry I am late => Thank you for waiting for me.
I am sorry for talking so much => Thank you for listening.
I am sorry you had to stay so late => Thank you so much for going beyond the call of duty.
I am sorry you had to defend me => Thank you for your loyalty.

Resources:  https://www.serenityzonetherapy.com/2019/03/10/stop-apologizing-start-thanking/https://www.boredpanda.com/stop-saying-sorry-say-thank-you-comic-yao-xiao/
Please share your thoughts ...

51:49 Rule

51:49 Rule

The 51:49 rule means that whatever happens to you at every moment in life,
You contribute to 51% (Major)External factors contribute the other 49%  (Minor) The 51 and 49 numbers are arbitrary. The numbers could’ve been 60:40, 75:25 or whatever. The point is one number is always higher than the other. One part has greater influence than the other. One part is more powerful than the other. One part actually determines your daily experience!

The higher number means you’re 100% responsible for whatever is going on in your life. You’re ultimately accountable for all of the results in your life because you’ve created them. You’ve attracted them into your life. There are many outside influences and situations constantly testing your resolve and you don’t have to allow them to put you into a negative mentality. If they do, you have choice to erase them.

"10% of life is made up of what happens to you. 90% of life is decided by how you react."  ~ Stephen Covey

Please share yo…