- The Calm - Not a single visual of chest-beating or wild grief. Sorrow itself has been elevated.
- The Dignity - Disciplined queues for water and groceries. Not a rough word or a crude gesture.
- The Ability - The incredible architects, for instance. Buildings swayed but didn't fall.
- The Grace – People bought only what they needed for the present, so everybody could get something.
- The Order – No looting in shops. No honking and no overtaking on the roads. Just understanding.
- The Sacrifice – Fifty workers stayed back to pump sea water in the N-reactors. How will they ever be repaid?
- The Tenderness – Restaurants cut prices. An unguarded ATM is left alone. The strong cared for the weak.
- The Training – The old and the children, everyone knew exactly what to do. And they did just that.
- The Media – They showed magnificent restraint in the bulletins. No silly reporters. Only calm reportage.
- The Conscience – When the power went off in a store, people put things back on the shelves and left quietly.
Oct 9, 2011
10 things to learn from JAPAN
Feedback is a gift. "We all need people who will give us feedback, that's how we improve" (Bill Gates) "Feedback is the...
A great verse from Ramayana: आहार निद्रा भय मैथुनं च सामान्यमेतत् पशुभिर्नराणाम् । धर्मो हि तेषामधिको विशेष: धर्मेण हीनाः पशुभिः समान...
BITS is offering an online (not classroom) 2 Year MS Software Systems (MSSS) Program. Whoever interested can go through this link: http://w...
Your mind can be your best asset or your worst enemy. Train it well.